|Personal||Business||Enroll||FinanceWorks||Online Mortgage Center||Mobile Banking|
This Agreement, which includes the Fee Schedule, is a contract which establishes the rules that cover the electronic access to your accounts at Biddeford Savings using Online Banking. By using Online Banking, you accept all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Please read it carefully.
This Agreement is also subject to applicable Federal Laws and the Laws of the State of Maine. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable according to its terms, all remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. You may not assign this Agreement. This Agreement is binding upon your heirs and the bank’s successors and assigns.
The headings in this Agreement are for convenience only and do not govern the meaning of this Agreement.
The terms and conditions set forth in this agreement are in addition to and do not by any means cancel or supersede any other agreements, disclosure, or signature cards that govern your deposits, loans or other business relationships with Biddeford Savings Bank.
The words in this Agreement:
- “We”, “our”, “us” and “BSB” refer to Biddeford Savings Bank.
- “You” and “your” refer to each person who has an interest or ownership in an account that is accessible through Online Banking.
- “Account” or “accounts” means your accounts at Biddeford Savings Bank.
- “Electronic funds transfers” means ATM withdrawals, preauthorized transactions, point of sale transactions, transfers to and from your Biddeford Savings accounts using Telephone Banking or Online Banking.
- “Online Banking” refers to the services provided pursuant to this Agreement.
- "Business day(s)" are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Holidays are not included.
You can use Online Banking to check the balance of your BSB accounts, view your account histories, transfer funds between your BSB accounts, and make stop payment requests. Please note that you cannot transfer funds from your passbook savings or passbook money market account.
You must have at least one account at BSB, your own computer equipment, access to Internet service, web browsing software, and an e-mail address in order to use Online Banking. You agree that you are responsible for any and all installation, maintenance, and operation of your computer and your software.
Hours of Access
Online Banking can be accessed seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Occasionally due to emergencies or scheduled maintenance, services may not be available.
The enrollment process can be completed on BSB’s Website or at any of our branches. Existing Telephone Banking customers can gain immediate access to their accounts by completing the First Time User online enrollment form. New users that do not have a Telephone Banking password can contact one of our branches or our Deposit Services Department to obtain the access information. You will have access only to those accounts for which you are authorized.
We add an additional layer of security to log into our Online Banking service. This provides even greater levels of protection against fraudulent attacks such as phishing, spoofing, key logging and identify theft. All users are required to select challenge questions and answers, select a unique image and create a personal description for the image that is only known by you. Each time you log in thereafter, the image will appear to verify to you that you are on Biddeford Savings’ website before entering your password.
The final level of the new security is the authentication of your computer. Biddeford Savings has the ability to recognize the computer or computers from which you usually log on. If our system detects a suspicious login due to an unfamiliar computer, it will automatically present you with challenge questions that were previously selected.
Once you have satisfied the multi-factor authentication process, you are required to change your password upon your initial login to Online Banking. You determine what password you will use and the identity of that password. The password must contain no less than seven (7) and no more than twelve (12) characters which are comprised of letters and numbers. Passwords are case sensitive so be careful when entering upper and lower case characters that you remember how you originally entered the password for the next time you attempt to login. The password is not communicated to us.
- You agree that we are authorized to act on instructions received under your password.
- You accept responsibility for the confidentiality and security of your password.
- You agree to change your password regularly.
Upon three (3) unsuccessful attempts to use your password, your access to Online Banking will be revoked. To re-establish your authorization to use Online Banking, you must contact us to have your password reset or to obtain a new temporary password. You may call the Deposit Services Department at 284-5906 or toll free at 866-767-8265 for assistance.
We recommend that you create a password that utilizes both upper and lower case alpha and numeric characters for purposes of security. Your password should not be associated with any commonly known personal identification such as social security number, address, date of birth, and names of children. Your password should be memorized rather than written down.
You play an important role in preventing the misuse of your accounts through Online Banking.
- You agree that you are responsible for all transactions you authorize or make using Online Banking including those transactions that may be made unintentionally or inadvertently, and any losses, charges, or penalties that you may incur as a result.
- You agree that you are responsible for any transactions made by unauthorized persons using your login ID and Password.
- You agree to promptly examine your paper statement for each of your Biddeford Savings accounts as soon as you receive it.
- You agree to protect the confidentiality of your account, account number and personal identification information such as your driver’s license number and social security number.
- You understand that personal identification information by itself, or together with information related to your account may allow unauthorized access to your account.
- Your password and login ID are intended to prevent unauthorized access to your accounts. You acknowledge that we undertake no obligation to monitor transactions through Online Banking in determining that they are made on behalf of the account holder.
- You acknowledge that the Internet is inherently insecure, and that all data transfers, including electronic mail, occur openly on the Internet and can potentially be monitored and read by others. Data that is transferred through Online Banking is encrypted in an effort to provide transmission security. Identification technology is used to verify that the sender and receiver of the transmissions can be appropriately identified by each other. In our efforts to ensure that Online Banking system is secure, we cannot and do not warrant that all data transfers using these programs or any e-mail transmitted to and from us, will not be monitored or read by others. E-mail is not encrypted and is not secure. Never send specific account information via e-mail.
Fees and Charges
You agree that you are responsible for telephone and Internet service fees you incur in connection with the use of Online Banking.
Change in Terms
We may change any term of this Agreement at any time. If the change would result in increased fees for any Online Banking service, increased liability for you, fewer types of available electronic funds transfers, or stricter limitations on the frequency or dollar amount of transfers, we agree to give you notice at least 30 days before the effective date of any such change, unless an immediate change is necessary to maintain the security of an account or our electronic fund transfer system. We will post any required notice of the change in terms on theOnline Banking website or forward it to you by e-mail or by postal mail. If advance notice of the change is not required, and disclosure does not jeopardize the security of the account or our electronic funds transfer system, we will notify you of the change in terms within 30 days after the change becomes effective. Your continued use of any or all of the subject Online Banking services indicates your acceptance of the change in terms. We reserve the right to waive, reduce, or reverse charges or fees in individual situations. You acknowledge and agree that changes to fees applicable to specific accounts are governed by the applicable deposit agreements and disclosures.
Transactions completed through Online Banking will appear on the respective periodic paper statements you currently receive from BSB for your accounts.
You will not receive a periodic statement in connection with any passbook savings account including Certificates of Deposit.
You agree to notify us promptly if you change your address.
Limits on Amounts and frequency of Online Banking Transactions
The number of transfers made from a BSB account is limited to the terms of the applicable deposit agreement and disclosure for those accounts. You may make an unlimited number of withdrawals from your savings and money fund accounts in person, by mail, at ATM’s, or by telephone if the withdrawal is mailed to you in a check.
Pursuant to federal regulations, only six (6) preauthorized or automatic transfers from your money market, statement savings or passbook savings accounts may be made during each statement period. Of these six (6) transfers, no more than three (3) checks may post to your account each statement period. Online Banking transfers, telephone transfers and point of sale transactions are considered to be automatic transfers.
Posting of Transfers
Transfers initiated through Online Banking:
- Before 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) will be posted to your account the same day.
- After 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time), on a Saturday, on a Sunday or a Banking Holiday will be posted to your account on the next business day.
Overdrafts (Order of Payments, Transfers, and other Withdrawals)
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough available funds or credit in an account that you wish us to make a payment or transfer from. If your account has insufficient funds to perform all electronic fund transfers you have requested for a given business day, then:
- transfers involving currency disbursements will have priority;
- transfers initiated through Online Banking which would result in an overdraft of your account may, at our discretion, be cancelled;
- transfers initiated through Online Banking which would result in an overdraft of your account and are not cancelled, may be assessed overdraft charges as listed in the deposit agreement/disclosure for that account.
You agree to reimburse us if we complete a payment or transfer that you make or authorize and later learn that you have insufficient funds to cover the transaction. You further agree that we may reverse the transaction or offset the shortage with funds from any other deposit account (s) you may have with us to the extent permitted by the applicable law and the terms of any other relevant Account Agreements.
Our Liabilities for Failure to Make Transfers
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your actual losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transaction or transfer;
- If the transaction would exceed the credit limit on your BSB Overdraft Loan account (if you have one) or the credit limit of any account subject to this agreement;
- If your account is not in good standing, closed, or has been frozen;
- If a hold has been placed on deposits in an account that you wish to transfer funds from, you cannot transfer the allowed portion of the funds held until the hold expires;
- If we reverse the transaction or transfer because of insufficient funds;
- If any electronic terminal, telecommunication device or any part of the Online Banking system was not working properly and you knew about the problem when the transaction was started;
- If any system you use including your browser, internet service provider, financial management software, or any equipment you may use to access Online Banking malfunctions or is misapplied;
- If you obtain a computer virus;
- If you have not properly followed the on-screen instructions for using Online Banking;
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, electrical outages, postal strikes, delays caused by the payee, or flood) prevent the transaction, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken;
- If you or anyone you allow, commits fraud or violates any law or regulation;
- If court order or other legal process prevents us from making a transaction.
There may be other exceptions to liability stated on our account agreement with you.
You may initiate stop-payment requests for paper checks you have written on your BSB accounts through Online Banking as well as by phone, mail or in person if the item has not already been presented.
- Stop payments will be effective for 6 months, and you will be charged a fee for any stop payment request unless otherwise agreed.
- Each continuation of a stop payment request will be treated as a new request for the purpose of fee assessment.
- You understand that we may accept the stop payment request from any of the joint owners of the account regardless of who signed the check. Only the person who initiated the stop payment may make a release of the stop payment order.
- You will incur stop-payment charges as disclosed in the current fee schedule for the applicable account.
Error Resolution Notice
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, telephone us at 207-284-5906 or toll free at 866-767-8265, or write us at:
Biddeford Saving Bank
P O Box 525
Biddeford, ME 04005
as soon you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent you the FIRST paper statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally or by e-mail, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing by postal mail or fax within ten (10) business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) business days (twenty (20) business days if the transfer involved a "new account") after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days (ninety (90) days if the transfer involved a "new account") to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10) business days (twenty (20) business days if the transfer involved a "new account") for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account. An account is considered a new account for 30 days after the first deposit is made, if you are a new customer.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
If we fail to resolve the problem, write a letter detailing the problem and the resolution you are seeking to:
Bureau of Financial Institutions
36 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0036
To file a complaint electronically, you may contact the Bureau of Financial Institutions at the following Internet address: http://www.maine.gov/pfr/financialinstitutions/complaint.htm
The Bureau of Financial Institutions will promptly acknowledge receipt of your complaint and investigate your claim. You will be informed of the results of the investigation.
Consumer Liability for Unauthorized Transactions
This section explains your liability for unauthorized transactions.
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your password has been lost, stolen, used without your authorization, otherwise compromised, or if someone has transferred or may transfer money from your accounts without your permission. Telephoning one of our branches or the Deposit Services Department at 284-5906 (or toll free at 866-767-8265) is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit limit). If you contact us within two (2) business days after discovering the loss, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your password without your permission.
If you DO NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss, theft, compromise or unauthorized use of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password to access your accounts without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Also, if your paper statement shows transfers that you did not authorize, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the paper statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we may extend the time periods.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
We make no warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in connection with the Online Banking services provided to you under this Agreement. We do not and cannot warrant that Online Banking will operate without errors, or that any or all Online Banking Services will be available and operational at all times. Except as specifically provided in this Agreement, or otherwise required by law, you agree that our officers, directors, employees, agents or contractors are not liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages under or by reason of any services or products provided under this Agreement or by reason of your use of or access to Online Banking, including loss of profits, revenue, data or use by you or any third party, whether in an action in contract or tort or based on a warranty. Further, in no event shall the liability of Biddeford Savings and its affiliates exceed the amounts paid by you for the services provided to you through Online Banking
Your Right to Terminate
You may cancel your Online Banking service at any time by providing us with written notice by mail, e-mail, fax, or by calling 284-5906 or toll free at 866-767-8265. Your access to Online Banking will be suspended within 3 business days of our receipt of your instructions to cancel the service. This termination will only affect your Online Banking services and does not terminate any other agreements you may have with us. You will remain responsible for any and all outstanding fees and charges incurred prior to the date of cancellation.
- You authorize us to continue making transfers you have previously authorized until we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon your termination notice.
- You also agree that upon termination of either or both services, by us or by you, that you will cancel all automatic and or recurring transfers you have previously authorized and if you fail to do so that you are responsible for such payments.
Our Right to Terminate
You agree that we can terminate or limit your access to Online Banking Service for any of the following reasons:
- Without prior notice, if you have insufficient funds in any one of your Biddeford Savings accounts. Online Banking service may be reinstated, at our sole discretion, once sufficient funds are available to cover any fees, pending transfers, and debits.
- Upon reasonable notice, for any other reason at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to deny any further payments or transfers from your account(s) pursuant to the Agreement, including payments or transfers you have previously authorized.
Biddeford Savings may assign its rights and delegate its duties under this Agreement to a company affiliated with the Bank or to any other party.
Disclosure of Account Information
We will not disclose information to third parties about your accounts or about you without your permission, however, we may disclose information:
When it is necessary to complete transfers or transactions or to send notice of dishonor or nonpayment;
- To our accountants;
- To bank regulators;
- To exchange, in the regular course of business, credit information with other banks, financial institutions, or commercial enterprises, directly or through credit reporting agencies; (Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act you have the right to make sure that your credit bureau reports are correct and accurate.)
- To advise third parties of accounts closed for misuse;
- To furnish information to the appropriate law enforcement authorities when we reasonably believe we have been the victim of a crime;
- To comply with government agency or court orders, or to furnish any information required by statue;
- To furnish information about the existence of an account to a judgement creditor of yours who has made a written request for such information;
- When we are attempting to collect an obligation owed to us;
- Or unless otherwise prohibited by law.
In addition, you understand and agree that we may, from time to time, request and review credit reports and other information about you prepared by credit reporting agencies or others.
Our Right of Offset
You acknowledge that we may (without prior notice and when permitted by law) set-off the funds in your account against any due and payable debt owed to us by you now or in the future. If the account is held jointly, we may offset funds for the debt of any on or all of the joint owners. We will notify you if we exercise our right to offset.
If we initiate legal action to collect money owed to us under this agreement, including any counterclaim, you agree to pay all our reasonable costs for such action. This provision does not apply to any action in connection with any credit account. In such cases, the credit agreement will govern these costs.
Communications between Biddeford Savings and You
Unless this Agreement provides otherwise, you can communicate with us in any one of the following ways:
E-mail: You can contact us by e-mail at (Please note that banking transactions through Online Banking are not made via e-mail.)
Telephone: You can contact the Deposit Services Department by telephone at 284-5906 or toll free at 1-866-767-8265
Facsimile: You can contact us by fax at 207-282-8984
Postal Mail: You can write to us at:
254 Main Street
P.O. Box 525
Biddeford, Maine 04005
In Person: You may visit us in person at any one of our locations:
254 Main St
Biddeford, ME 04005
417 Alfred St
Biddeford, ME 04005
Route 202, 846 Main St
Waterboro, ME 04087
360 US Route 1, Suite 102
Scarborough, ME 04074
Internet Banking Fee Schedule, Online Banking
The Online Banking system allows you to check account balances, transfer funds between accounts, view account histories, make stop payment requests. There is no charge for this service. If you request a stop payment, you will be charged a stop payment fee of $20.00 per item.
Connect with a Branch Manager Open an Account Online
eChecking, eSavings or CDs